Our Congregation, Sisters of Charity of St. Mary, known also as Sisters of Good Counsel, by singular grace of the Holy Spirit, was founded in Turin, Italy on 3rd May 1871 by the Servant of God Mother Maria Luigia Angelica Clarac, French nationality and former member of the daughter of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul.
It was started by the advice of and under the obedience to Mgr. Moreno, bishop of Ivrea, Italy.
After the Foundress death on 21st June 1887, the Congregation continued to grow in her service to youngsters, the poor, the sick, old people according to the needs of the place and the signs of the time, in different parts of Italy and the world: Argentina,, Canada, Mexico, U.S.A. India, Chile, Ecuador and Colombia.
Since 1992 we are carrying out our Mission in India, Tamil Nadu.
We, Sisters of Charity of St. Mary, impelled by our motto: “Who can separate us from the love of Christ?” are called to proclaim and to witness the unconditional and compassionate love of the Crucified-Risen Lord.
Therefore we commit our self: